We offer professional mobile denture service. Our house calls are ideal for patients who have difficulty accessing the services of a denture clinic due to health or mobility issues.
Whether it is an adjustment, a partial, or a complete denture we can equip ourselves for your appointments in the comfort of your own home!
The importance of dental health does not wane as we age. Rather, it only becomes more important for people to take better care of their teeth as they grow older.
However, with age comes the fact that it becomes harder to move around, and so a lot of elderly people are unable to go to a denture clinic to get their dentures checked.
On the other hand, there are other elderly people who do not feel comfortable going to the doctor for other reasons. Regardless, taking care of yourself should be easy and comfortable.
When it comes to taking care of your oral health, a lot of options have become available for the elderly who are unable to go to their denture clinic regularly. One of those options is a mobile denture service. Denture Cottage so happens to provide this convenient service.
Many different types of residents in Saskatoon require mobile services. Clients who generally take advantage of our “mobile services” include;
Senior citizens make up the biggest portion of mobile denture service patients. If you’ve never heard of mobile denture services before, it’s basically when instead of you going to the denture clinic, the denturist comes to your location.
● It is not stressful. You do not have to personally go to a denture clinic, which isn’t always accessible or comfortable for people. For some, the denture clinic makes them nervous. For older people, it’s very important to do dental procedures in places that bring the least amount of stress.
● It is convenient. You do not need to travel anywhere, so the stress of travelling is removed. In addition, you do not need to familiarize yourself with a new environment since the procedure will be done within the confines of your house or retirement home.
● It is private. You do not need to feel insecure about anything because the procedure will be done in your home. There is no need for you to feel awkward because you are sure to have the procedure in a place you know is private and safe.
There are a lot of denture procedures that can be done by the denturist without needing to be in the denture clinic. Here are some of the most common procedures that can be provided by a mobile denture service.
● Senior dental care. Seniors have special needs in terms of dental care. In a lot of instances, seniors cannot come to denture clinic to get the treatment and advice that they need.
This is where a mobile denture service comes in. Since professionals can come to a senior’s home, their dental health will not be neglected.
Furthermore, this helps in making the whole experience positive for the patient since the denturist can customize it to suit the best interest of the patient.
In the end, this service will help senior citizens’ dental health in check while making the whole process less stressful and more comfortable.
● Check-ups. When we think of check-ups, we often think that we need to go to the denture clinic. However, that is not the case with a mobile denture service. Instead, the denturist visits the patient’s home and brings all the necessary equipment for the check-up.
The great thing about this is that if the patient has an existing file with the denturist, the denturist will know exactly what the patient requires. This leads, of course, to less stress for the patient.
● Adjustments. Let’s say that you are experiencing pain in your mouth and you want to know what is causing that pain. The denturist can come to your home and help determine what is causing that pain and alleviate the pain.
● Tissue conditioners and relines. Many patients who may just had their teeth extracted will need temporary liners in their dentures to help with fit and comfort and a permanent liner in a years time. The denturist will bring the necessary equipment and supplies needed to perform this.
● New dentures. We recommend new dentures approximately every 5 years due to changes in patients gums and bones. A new denture can be done by a denturist through a mobile denture service.
● Repair of broken dentures and correction for ill-fitting dentures. There are many reasons why your dentures might not fit you perfectly. Main reason is due to the mouth changing everyday that prevents the dentures from being 100% functional and comfortable.
Either way, it is important to get this issue fixed to prevent further oral damage. You might only be worsening the issue by tolerating the pain and refraining from consulting your denturist.
A mobile denture service would be able to help fix broken or ill-fitting dentures from the comfort of your home.
This is done by a denturist who will help ensure that your dentures perfectly fit you. If you have questions about your dentures, the professional can always answer them.
● Denture cleaning. For some patients, brushing their dentures can be impossible due to different medical complications that render them unable to do so. This is where a mobile denture service comes in handy.
Apart from the items listed above, a mobile denture service can also help you with other concerns and procedures. Denture cottage offers mobile denture services and can be contacted by phone during business hours.
However, should you need a denturist to come over to your home after business hours, there are services that can cater to this. Chat with a representative who can schedule an appointment at your convenience.